For bikini competitors, having a butt is a requirement. If you weren’t genetically blessed with a booty at birth, these are the best exercises I have found to help bolster your backside. Click on the name of the exercise for instructions.
1. Squats – Squats are the classic but builder. If you have been intimidated by the squat rack, its time to get over it and go squat!
2. Stiff Leg Deadlifts – Deadlifts Help strengthen hamstrings and the stiff leg version is particularly effective at hitting that spot where the glutes and hamstrings meet.
3. Hip Thrusts – Admittedly this exercise can feel silly, but trust me this is an awesome workout for your glutes.
4. Lunges – One bikini judge told me the best way to build a great butt is to do lunges, loading up the bar as heavy as you can and stepping out as far as you can. What can I say, he was right!
5. Single Leg Hack Squats – I found this exercise quite by accident but it is very effective. I always feel it the next day, and sometimes a few days after.
6. Kick Backs – This is a great exercise for really targeting glut muscles and lifting your back side.
8. Hip Abduction– This helps strengthen the outer thigh and glute area which helps create the desired roundness to glutes.
What are your favorite glute exercises?